Re: [steem] Processors

  • From: "Dr. WorST" <dr.worst@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <steem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 20:17:00 -0000

> well, I'm not sure how many others users are interested using
> emulators for other things than playing games, even so I like playing

Me an almost all friends of mine in Spain using Steem, are really working
with it. I'm actually using it for programming and some friends of mine are
purchasing PCs only for running Midi software in Steem (for this reason,
having MIDI in the Linux version is really great, thanks!). The new high
resolutions graphics seems to work very good with gem apps. , and for
composers that like programming their own Midi aplications for experimental
music production, Steem is really a very good tool.

> those old games as well, but wouldn't it be nice to run Linux in a
> box while in Windows or being able to use Fast RAM and virtual memory
> for ST-Software. Most of the newer applications are able to use that
> additional RAM and emulating an 68030 might also be a first step to
> emulate the falcon too...

This would be great (but difficult, I think there is a lot of work
involved), the ARANYM project is in a very slow development compared with
Steem.

Regards

--
Steem - http://www.blimey.strayduck.com/