[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: trash-bitches and puppies

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 11:01:26 -0500

Amy - how are you going to educate a man away from what is making him
millions?
    Private breeders will not breed enough (according to the AKC) to
supply the demand for puppies....of course, if you balance that against
all the puppies that people can't seem to find homes for, it makes no
sense at all...
but Hunte is in the money business, not in the dog business...not in the
same way most people on this list are, anyway.  It could very well be
that the man just wanted a dog of his own, (yeah, right) but I tend to
believe this is an attempt of his to make him appear less distasteful to
the fancy as we know it.
    Yes, the dog world as we know it is dying...that's the truth.
Endorsing people like Andrew Hunte is NOT going to resuscitate it,
however.  He isn't about  preserving or protecting the breed...he's
about making money...and that's it.  Not an area I know much about,
unhappily!
Peggy