[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: trash-bitches and puppies

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: GrnRam415@xxxxxxx, PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx, pmick@xxxxxxxxx, fhenry1@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 13:11:30 EST

In a message dated 3/23/2006 11:33:16 A.M. Central Standard Time,
GrnRam415@xxxxxxx writes:
What
bothers me is that someone with a well-known dog in our  Breed would
knowingly
breed their dog to one of his bitches.

I think Laura has hit this bang on.   I do not often  disagree with Ileana,
think Kathy makes sense most of the time, and know  Sally runs with concerns.
I don't know the impact of this mans market in our breed....I do not  think I
have seen a lot with his kennel name (whatever it is) or him as a  breeder in
our show rings.   So he has "supplied" the pet people  out there, that
apparently we all cannot supply.   If he wants  to get in on more money (god
knows
why he needs more) what better way than  to go to the fancies view of the top
handler, top dog, top  producer?   The guy who is in the spotlight all the time
for our  breed.  Doesn't that sound like the best money making way to go to
you?  The positive impact approach?
He has finished this young bitch - do you think we will see this  bitch at
national specials level?  Maybe.....but think of  this.   If he does decide to
promote and say perhaps have this  handler continue to keep her out there,
doesn't that look great for his  business?  Won't the unknowing masses flock
even
more to the guy with  a top dog?
And if he does not continue to show her, can you think where the rest  of her
life will be.....how many litters can he get from his Ch  bitch.....and how
will she live for the rest of her life?   I am  with Peggy all the
way.....clean "facilities" are not enough.    We ALL know that.  There has to
be love,
caring and the whole shebang  - otherwise why on earth would anyone here want
condone where this is  going.
If anyone of you think you can convert this man to care about our  breed, you
are sitting in the dark with a flashlight looking for  answers.   I am
frightened to see his involvement.
Molly

Trillia  German  Shepherds