[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Temperament

  • From: MarcatoGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 16:03:58 EST

I'd be concerned, but that's me.  Sound sensitivity and dislike to something
does not truly indicate bad temperament...what DOES indicate good or bad
temperament is the recovery time.  Strauss does not like people dressed up in
costumes where he cannot see human faces.
If the face is painted, he is fine, but if a person is in a full costume
(like Goofy at Disney World) he is not too keen.  He recovers well from these
things, but is always startled and a bit unsure.  He'll walk past them without
incident and regained confidence when I assure him that the big bad bunny
people
aren't going to eat him, though it is clear he is not keen on them.

 - Jackie

In a message dated 11/29/2006 2:58:49 PM Central Standard Time,
lollark@xxxxxxx writes:
She did NOT want to get close.  Just dug in her heals in front of KMart and
said "I don't think so".  We did walk by them a  couple of times but she did
not like them.  Bad temperament?