[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Some judges . . .

  • From: Barbara Amidon <amidon481@xxxxxxx>
  • To: DOGSRLUV@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 18:42:53 GMT

Hi before showing under an all rounder you or your handler should know if this
is a person with a sound knowledge of the German Shepherd..When I started out
living in the Miami area it was mostly all breed Judging..My first Champion was
not a mover but pretty and she stacked well ..We finished fast..Was she a
really a good one no..But I studied went to many shows and learned.. In the
process found out who were the better Judges..I would never show under a Judge
that was not knowledable or would I want their opinion..When I Judge I usually
tell the handlers or owners why they placed But do it as not to upset the
people..I remember showing a beautiful German import  I had to a German Judge
thinking he would love him???He went on and on about how big boned he was and
that was spongy not desired..An oval bone is what is called for as a workng
animal cannot be clumsy ut agile..I learned that day ..Barbara Amidon