[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Some judges . . .

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 18:51:32 GMT

Says who?

Page 14 of ATTACHMENT B of the Rules Policies and Guidelines for Conformation
Dog Show Judges
published by The American Kennel Club states, "R. Withholding or Excusing
Rules, Ch 7, Section 15 authorizes judges to withhold any and
all awards at any point in the judging process. You may award one placement in
a class and no
other placement, or you may withhold all awards. You may award class firsts and
then withhold the
Winners ribbon, and you may excuse any dog for lack of merit. The decision is
yours alone, based
on the merits of the dogs. When you withhold or excuse, you must note the
reason in the judge’s
book and initial your comments. Clearly and diplomatically explain your
decision to the
exhibitor(s) involved."   PLEASE reread last sentence.  I do not see where it
says it is ok for the judge to tell someone how to spend their money!!!!

Nowhere could I find anything about exhibitors "soliciting the judge's "expert"
opinion of
your dog." sic.  Nor does the entry form they sign state any such thing!

Maybe special judges have more rights than others??  Or perhaps they are just
cruel people??  Some exhibitors get really tired of being hurt, and sometimes
crying, for just having fun!!  Thank heavens for the nice people in our PC and
in our fancy; without them, this would truly be a dying sport!!

Paula, 219 days and counting