[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Some judges . . .

  • From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • To: windwych@xxxxxxxxx, geschette@xxxxxxx, Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 13:19:53 EST

when you enter your dog, you are soliciting the judge's "expert" opinion of
 your dog.  but, in this case, what the judge did AFTER awarding the dog
the  ribbon was neither kind nor constructive.
diane

Diane  Silver-Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds
_Skatiebug'z_ (http://skatiebugz.shutterfly.com/)  The online store for
everything German Shepherd and then some!
_http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com_ (http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com/)
Skater's Blog

In a message dated 3/7/2010 10:18:19 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
windwych@xxxxxxxxx writes:

How  about this...if you can't say something nice, keep your opinion to
yourself!  Why do people in this sport feel the need/right/choice to offer
their "expert"  opinion on your dog? Some people in this sport LOVE their
dogs...they are not  just show dogs...they are family members who will be
cherished LONG after  their time in the show ring is over! I almost quit
showing
many years ago  because of a VERY harsh critique of my dog (unsolicited I might
add) by a  "well respected" regional club member. It broke my heart to hear
that my  beloved dog was "too light, WAY too leggy...badly
bred"...Well....this dog who  would "never cut it in the show ring" went on to
get a SECOND
in his Futurity!  So much for the "expert"...
Dawn