[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Perception

  • From: "Maureen Murkland" <murk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 20:16:04 -0500

Laura,
  It was a LOT of years ago....LOL! We were BRAND new to showing, but
thought we had a good dog. My daughter was showing him. A GORGEOUS young man
approached us at a show admiring Spunky......he asked us if he could have a
chance to show him. We agreed...and the race was one! Matthew Smith put 5
points on him that next spring..........and in 15 days in October, Spunky
brought home 10 points and 2 majors! IF you have a GOOD dog...that is why
bother! BTW........Spunky was from our 2nd litter! Mo

That is not my point.? My point is what people think is based on their
experiences with people in our breed.? Because we have a large split between
German dogs, American show dogs and pets, most folks who get GSD's don't
feel they even have a chance to show, so why bother.? That and they get no
direction or support of the GSD fancier's.? Most of us started out with
pets.? Some of us are stubborn and kept going.? But, I would be willing to
bet that 99% of the folks that got dogs they thought they could show, gave
up after the first show.? How is that a good thing?