[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Perception

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: silvermoongsds@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 14:26:15 -0400

Luanne,
I have been pondering how to answer Kathy's post and you said it right.? I show
in lots of AB shows.? I have friends in many breeds.? They all love the GSD but
most won't touch them.? Why?? So many reasons.? They want to show their own
dogs.? They don't have an "IN" with the GSD people.? They feel they are looked
down upon for having a different breed.? They have been shut down by GSD people
when they wanted to know more about the breed and showing.? And, I am talking
about people already in the show world that know better than to bother someone
when their dog is in the ring.

I have had many show people tell me about the GSD they grew up with but would
never show one because of the politics.? I have had people tell me how we have
the highest percentage of breeder judges at AB show than any other breed.? The
reasons?go on and on.? And, that doesn't even start to examine the newbie and
mentoring issues.?

Perception or reality?? Hmmm.? And, what have we done to change it???

Laura Thomas?