[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Perception

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 11:34:50 -0400

    Not just these days.  Over the years, there have been quite a few
specialty dogs, including a couple of GVs and maybe more than one GVX,
too, plus dozens of Select dogs and bitches, AND local specialty Breed
and Best Op winners, who have won at all breed shows..............more
so in the past decade or two, maybe, but maybe not.  Quite a few of
us who judge in both arenas have judged those dogs...given them majors,
final points, Group placements and wins, and even Bests in
Show............not always
knowing who the dogs were....and, in some cases, before the dogs did
much winning at specialties.
    I will agree that often the rings are too small at some of the all
breeds...but not all of them.........and I've stood ringside with Jimmy
Moses while some judge
butchered the classes, and done the same with Tom Castriota and
more.............but still, sometimes, the judges get it
right.........and the really good ones are good
no matter where they are.
        Peggy