[ SHOWGSD-L ] Perception

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 20:37:24 EDT

In a message dated 8/18/2007 11:50:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
grnram415@xxxxxxx writes:
I show  in lots of AB shows.? I have friends in many breeds.? They all love
the GSD  but most won't touch them.?

This is interesting because of what is happening in the ARBA shows with the
Shiloh Shepherd. Tina Barber, the woman who developed the breed has an
attorney  who wrote to the owner of ARBA and withdrew their right to use her
standard,  saying it is copywritten.  The owner of ARBA considered just not
allowing
Shilohs to be shown in his shows any more, but since there were so many owners
 who want a venue, he took a different appoach.

Bob hired me to write a standard for Shiloh Shepherd, to be used at ARBA
shows. They will no longer recognize the Barber standard, and now have thier
own.  They will ask UKC to use the ARBA standard.  It seems that the  Shilohs
are
being bred back to German shepherds, and at ARBA those offspring  will no
longer be recognized or allowed to be shown.  It was a very  interesting
experience to write a standard.  I was hired by ARBA to do it,  so in my
opinion the
standard is owned by The American Rare Breed  Association.

There are interesting developments, considering the creation and protection
of a breed.

There will be an ARBA show in Claremont, California on November 11, and
12th.  If you want to see some interesting breeds, come by.  Four  shows in two
days.

Evan

Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come   together