[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Out of todays paper

  • From: stormy435 <stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 09:58:16 -0700

No, I'm saying that we have to start understanding the difference between
substandard kennels and others.  Commercial kennels who know if they supply
puppies who are sick, diseased, crippled, they won't have buyers come back for
more.  Commercial kennels who don't take care of the adult breeders will not
have healthy puppies.  That's why Hunte and other Brokers are learning how to
make their "product" better, so they can charge more and have more return
buyers.  I do NOT like that concept, but if the pups are there, I would rather
they come from places who know they can't supply an inferior "product" and stay
in business.

A good breeder, exhibitor went to one of the Brokers' seminars, a 3 day
conference, but she only went one day.  The information that was given to the
commercial breeders was FAR beyond that which AKC breeder seminars give us.  It
was an eye opening experience for her as she went to scoff.  And the commercial
breeders were asking questions that we would ask in a breeders' seminar.  It
was a very interesting read.

Those who do as you describe SHOULD be put out of business by laws that are
already in place.  And put in prison imo.  But HSUS should not be the impetus
for NEW laws that are not really aimed at the substandard law breaking kennels,
but at ALL of us.

THAT is what I have to keep in my mine, and I don't breed anymore.  But if I
want to get another dog in my lifetime, I want to be able to do so without
government interference in whether I breed it, microchip it, keep it intact
or....

On Mar 21, 2009, at 9:40:03 AM, "Liane Fossland" <lfossland@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Essentially you are saying that these puppy mills are necessary to supply
the public with the demand for puppies as we are unable to satisfy this
demand? If that is true then why can't they operate under stricter
guidelines? Why is it that they are allowed to dispose of the "overhead" in
ditches covered with dead bodies and sell those who are still alive?
I don't get it. I would prefer that the public be grossly informed of their
future pet's origin and be selective as they venture for a life time
companion.
Perhaps I am talking down the road but believe it could be done.
Lee F.

--
Stormy Hope
www.carpoc.org