[ SHOWGSD-L ] How many of you

  • From: "Connie" <ValleSaladoGSD@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 12:22:47 -0600

Good question Terry !
I have been planning on putting an ad in the Review and I have considered the
same question . In my way of thinking (and I have worked some in advertising ),
if your ad is in black and white it probably will not be seen or maybe just get
a quick glance . As I remember back in the 70's the whole review was in black
and white and most of the ads had pedigrees included . Of course now we can go
to the Review site online to get pedigrees of the well known dogs, but not the
new dogs in town.  I can't remember when it went to color, but yes, I think
that if I want my ad to be seen it would have to be in Color. Of course the
problem is that I will probably only be able to do this once because of the
expense . That is why I think that Becky's gsdbydesign is a great idea . Maybe
some of us who are not rich and famous can get a chance to advertise our dogs .
If I had to have an ad in the Review to advertise on her page I would not be
able to do that either . What's wrong with leveling the playing field a little
and letting some of us little folks play .  Any money that I have extra has to
go to the care, needed ofa's,showing and other needed expenses on my dogs. I
guess there are some on this list that think that we shouldn't be showing dogs
if we cant run with the big boys.
Now see ...I have solved another problem with this post . ....The need for
controversy for the list !!! LOL
Ok, I have on my flame suit .
Connie Palmer Williams
South Park Colorado