[ SHOWGSD-L ] How many of you

  • From: "Connie" <ValleSaladoGSD@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 19:37:38 -0600

Sorry Evan , I did not intend to suggest that we go back to all black and white
, only to point out how the cost of a color ad is more than most regular people
can afford . By leveling the playing field I was referring to Becky's webpage
and how I believe it will help to accomplish just that . I do not believe that
it will hurt the Review one bit. The Review is the greatest, and I believe
those who can afford to advertise there will continue to do so .I don't think
an online ad will ever compare to a spread in the Review.
Connie Palmer Williams
South Park Colorado

If we charge the club for all the pages published for the committee  reports,
all the president's messages, all the wins, etc. then the Review will  show
more income, and we can charge less for color ads. The money received for  all
of the pages that now are free to the club goes back to the treasury  anyway.
Last year the Review showed a profit in a large part to allocating  money to
the Review to work out the transition, then refunding the used portion  of
those funds to the club when it was not needed. In that way we showed a  profit
for the Review.

Let's stop the nonsense and accounting tricks and admit the Review is a  club
publication, paid for by the club, with an offset for advertising. Let's
stop demanding or even expecting an accounting trick to make it show a profit.
Either charge for all the pages and show a profit, or make the cost of
advertising reasonable so that everyone can run a color ad.

Or, let's make it a small size publication like Reader's Digest, and make  it
all in black and white, and don't publish the show results, and let's see if
we can get the pet food companies to pay for it.

AsgardGSD
Movement, type,  soundness