[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: How many of you...

  • From: PBECCAJO@xxxxxxx
  • To: irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx, ravencd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 11:38:44 EST

Hey, I had a bitch that, on her first littler, whelped 8 but it took a long
 time and back and forth to the em.vet.
Her second litter she stopped her labor after 2nd pup. Took her to the vets
 office (whelped in the middle of the day) and she had the 9 pups
there...The  third litter, upon xray, had only 3 pups so after all of the
midnight
runs,  oxytocin until I thought her uterus would explode , and general nervous
 breakdown during whelping ( I could not stand the thought of loosing her
over  puppies), I decided to spay her after the litter was born...Upon
whelping the  first pup was born then no more pups...Took her down spayed her
and
the other 2  pups were stillborn.  The strange thing was that, after
spaying, her milk  dried up (always had an abundance of milk) and had to hand
rear
the pup....BUT  she did everything else for the pup and after that, until
she died, (5 years  later) she would help the other mothers and clean them and
seemed so happy when  she was doing that. I made the right decision for her
and have never second  guessed myself..Do what you think is best for your
dog...Your gut instinct will  guide you...Patty J.

In a message dated 11/8/2009 9:57:19 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Jodi  Bobin wrote:
> Hey List,
>     Gotta question for  you...how many of you schedule a c-section for
your bitches when it is not  required,  just to save the bitch the misery of
whelping? Would you feel  this is too risky???
> Jodi Bobin  ???
> Sacred Heart GSDs
> www.sacredheartgs.com
> = *How ridiculous!! Whelping is the  process that triggers maternal
instincts, milk production, etc.  Any  c-section is risky, but an unnecessary
one
is idiotic. Doris  E*

VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org