[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Honest Judges

  • From: PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx
  • To: cudjoe@xxxxxxxxxx, rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxx, Stoneshep2@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 20:17:07 EST

In a message dated 1/1/2005 6:56:19 PM Central Standard Time,
cudjoe@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
> But in defense of the judge, we judge what we see that day in that ring at
> the time we are observing the dog.   DD..----- Original Message -----

When judging the Canadian National this past year, I had informed all
handlers that I wanted to see the bitches slow and loose. In a particular
class, a
well known handler did not present their animal as I wanted, even after I had
reminded that handler of how I wanted to see the animal presented...........
that animal did not win it's class. As a judge, it's your ring, you know what
you
want to see, how you want it presented, and I personally do not care who the
handler is, I just want to see the animal. Covering the most ground with the
least amount of steps correctly, per the standard is not racing around the ring
at 90 mph. on a tight lead to cover the dogs faults of movement.  JMHO

      Gary

Gary