[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Double handling

  • From: DaniaKarloff@xxxxxxx
  • To: jeanniemccann@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 00:35:59 EDT

In a message dated 5/16/2005 12:16:35 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jeanniemccann@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Now it  seems we are actually advocating the use of live animals,as
liver,etc. is  too messy and bells too loud. I personally would never
consider using a cat  as "discreet,well-done handling" as you put it,but
I guess to each his own  and to heck with the public image,as well.   My
own GSDs and cats  are great buds....apparently I am missing the  boat?
Jean

Jeanmarie,
Please note that I never said that I advocate the use of animals for double
handling or that I prefer to use these over liver bait or bells.   I  only
said I knew that in that particular situation the cat was not used as bait  as
the cat and dog are good friends.  I said that discrete, well  executed double
handling may be a boost to a bored dog.  I never intimated  that this would be
done with a live animal.

Please do not put words in my mouth that were never said.  I can get  in
enough trouble on my own. <VBG>

Dania