[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Article On Dogs - No Solution

  • From: Cynthia VanDenBerge <vande001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Show GSD List <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 06:29:00 -0800 (PST)

I have also known some real sweetheart pits.  Many pits that are tough fighters
are very wonderful with people, so I guess it is a combination of nature and
nurture.  One thing that many people are not aware of is the difference between
a 'gang banger' pit and a pit that is used by professional fighters.  Often a
gang banger pit is a combination of street fighter, used by punks to prove
their macho-ness and a property protector...so this dog will bite anything.  A
professional fighting dog can be worth many thousands of dollars and even
though used to fight for a time in their life, often after being successful,
they are retired as a 'champion', held in high esteem and bred.  The owners of
these dogs dearly love them in their own sick way.  Like many of you, I watch
Animal Cops on Animal Planet.  This show deals heavily in fighting dog crime,
but it is generally at a street punk level.  I was curious and so did an
internet search to learn more about the world of fighting dogs
 .  It
 was horrific.  I was amazed to learn about a whole underground group of people
who have such a twisted sense of right and wrong.  Some southern redneck
stereotypes are alive and well in that world let me tell you!  These people are
almost impossible to stop, but, I also think that their dogs are causing very
little of the dog bite problem..it is the street punks that need to be stopped
and since their dogs are basically disposable property, I don't think
threatening them with the killing of their dog will mean much to them.  Fining
for not registering is a joke too.  This type of person does not respect the
law and will never show up in court to pay a stupid 'dog ticket'...unless they
get picked up for something else and it gets flagged when the police run their
ID.  This is a hard problem to solve.  Cynthia
SallyHH31@xxxxxxx wrote:I agree with your statement about all coming into this
world,however poor
breeding ( breeding mean to mean has something to do with it also.) I am sure
some people breed aggressive dogs to aggressive to get tougher cause they think
that makes tougher dogs.My daughter had a pit bull for 12 years and you
couldn't ask for a nicer dog. So I think breeding has a lot to do with it. Just
my opinion.
Also training :) SallyHH

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original