[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Article On Dogs - No Solution

  • From: Colleen Donnelly <gsdsforlife@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lexieshep@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 18:41:08 -0500 (EST)

There is a group up here that is keeping a database of BYB's in BC and the ads
they place in newspapers. At some point it will be turned over to hand picked
politicians and Canada Revenue. I would think Canada Revenue would be
interested in the massive amount of GST and PST ( our taxes ) that they are
missing out on. The PST is something they ( breeders in business ) just
recently are supposed to be paying. The GST is what a business must pay if they
earn in excess of $30,000 per year. That's 14% taxes they are not paying the
government. For example one breeder is making a free and clear $165,000 +
yearly. I would think that Revenue Canada would be interested in the $23,000 +
they are not getting. And that's just one of many BYB's incomes. I would think
that most citizens would be outraged at it....if they knew or thought about it
to any degree.

Reputable breeders have to pay the taxes, why shouldn't the BYB's? I think we
would have a much larger impact on the situation if the reputable breeders also
helped in some way. If they got together as a group and nattered away at the
government, and not give up, I think it would work. The more people who stand
up and say NO the more the government, provincial and federal, will have to
take notice. Once they are determined to be breeders the establishments they
breed from must live up to the rules and guidelines already in place for
breeding, never mind the kennel license etc etc. Many many will fold. Making
waves is the way to go, not BSL. Once the door is opened for BSL on "pit bulls"
it is open war on any breed. We've seen that come into practise already right?!

The ads are tracked through the phone numbers in the newspapers. The phone
number is then entered into a reverse search, which most times, not all, gives
up the address. Names etc are then entered into the database.

Last, but certainly not least, is education education education for the general
public. On a massive scale. If only large corporations would help with that....

First they came for the Pit Bulls
and I did not speak out
because I did not own a Pit Bull.
Then they came for the Doberman's
and I did not speak out
because I did not own a Doberman.
Then they came for the Rottweiler's
and I did not speak out
because I did not own a Rottweiler.
Then they came for the German Shepherd Dog
and there was no one left
to speak out for the German Shepherd Dog.

Colleen Donnelly

"D.G.Bonome" <lexieshep@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I looked in the paper this morning and saw many ads
for Pit Bull Puppies.

What would be a good solution to try and weed out
these out these BYB's that advertise in the paper?

Do people call these individuals and pretend that they
are interested, get an address and check them out? I
for one would be afraid to go there. Is there a
solution?

Dawn

__________________________________
http://mail.yahoo.com
POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original

GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG BREED BETTERMENT REGISTRY

The only way to understand & estimate the nature of the dog is to study his
whole development. Such a task requires a sympathetic, dog-loving observer, who
tries as far as possible to enter into the innermost mind of the dog, and who
will know how to short-circuit all his purely human points of view. --Max von
Stephanitz

Whoever will only draw conclusions from the eminence of his own particular
point of view, will obtain a distorted picture. --Max von Stephanitz