[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Article On Dogs- No Solution

  • From: Karen C. <kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 16:20:38 -0500

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 18:10:35 +0000, tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:=20

>Dog fighting was an underground thing that belonged in the hands of=20
>2nd, 3rd, 4th generation dog fighters and those dogs were specifically=20
>bred to be handled by ANY stranger who wanted to!  Talk about sound!!!=20

I have to agree with the above. I've researched dog fighting myself.
Let me be clear: I hatehateHATE the practice!!!! But if you talk to
any of the old-time "dog men," they would be the first to tell you
that in the heat of battle, an owner or handler must be able to safely
get in and break up the fight. If not... if a dog even *thought* of
turning on its owner or another handler, they would take the dog out
back and shoot it dead on the spot! It certainly didn't get to live or
pass on its genes. What passes for a "fighting" dog today is an
entirely different beast. They are not gamebred or temperamentally
stable. Most are probably not even purebred. The modern punk
fighters/breeders just breed the meanest dogs to the meanest bitches
and hope for even meaner offspring. Recipe for absolute tragedy!!!  :(

Responsible APBT breeders *do* screen buyers and any fool who just
wants a "mean" dog or mentioned fighting would be turned flatly away.
That's their history, but it's just not what the breed is about today.

=3D*=3D*=3D*=3D*
Karen C.
kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx

"Show me your dog and I'll tell you what manner of man you are."
   -- Captain Max von Stephanitz, German Shepherd Dog breed founder