[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Article On Dogs- No Solution

  • From: Susan Madlung <stormygsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Colleen Donnelly <gsdsforlife@xxxxxxxx>, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 05:34:47 -0800

My point is.. you just never know when the old instincts will come out in some
breeds..
Hell, cockers are the worst around - my brother (the vet) says that there are
more cocker bites than any other breed - per capita. the difference is they are
smaller and don't tear and maim and bite to kill.
Bites are one thing, attacks are another. Who needs these breeds bred to attack
and kill? There will always be that story of that fabulous PB, Fila etc.. but
over all, it is their propensity  to unpredictability that is the problem.
JMO...
BTW, when we owned our boarding kennel/grooming shop in Alberta, the worst dogs
were the lhasas, chows and cockers that came in - but it was a lab that put my
daughter in the hospital on IV antibiotics.. of course, we didn't groom or
board any of these breeds (PB etc)
Sue Madlung - Shadowacre Reg'd German Shepherds
http://www.shadowacre.com