[sac-board] Re: Cherry Rd & NASP

  • From: "Bob Erdmann" <bobe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 14:55:07 -0700

I just became a member of PAC, since I now own a small week-end getaway home
in the Prescott area.  I was planning on attending the NASP, but saw the
following in their FAQ about NASP:

" BE PREPARED TO TRANSPORT YOUR TELESCOPE APPROXIMATELY 300 FEET TO THE
OBSERVING FIELD. CARS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ON THE OBSERVING FIELD FOR ANY
REASON. "

Since I use the tailgate of my little long-bed truck as a table, and since I
use a 300 lb 16-inch, F/5 Dob, I decided to forgoe this year's NASP. Now
that I'm a member of PAC, I will ask why the restriction.  Hopefully it will
make some sense.

/Bob
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has
endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us
to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei
Bob Erdmann - Core Team Member & Webmaster
The NGC/IC Project - http://www.ngcic.org
e-mail: bobe@xxxxxxxxx