[sac-board] Re: Cherry Rd & NASP

  • From: AJ Crayon <acrayon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 15:52:01 -0700

So far a good bit of my take has been covered, albeit, in several messages, but
here's my thoughts and feelings on this topic.

First did anyone from SAC attend NASP and what are their thoughts and comments;
not just about the gate but the entire event.

Lacking any input along these lines we need to find out what agreements, if any,
NASP organizer(s) had with the rancher dude to host NASP.  While I don't really
want to believe it was OK for the gate to be opened, guarded or not, what was
their agreement, if any.  Perhaps they knew, by prior discussion, the cattle
would not be anywhere near the site and the gate rules could be "relaxed."

Were there any other agreements?

Let's get the facts out in the open first instead of getting pissed first!

Is the open gate the only real problem?  Yes, I don't particularly like them
taking a SAC site discoverd by Steve Coe, Joe Goss and myself; but that isn't
such a big deal (for me any way) by itself.  It's the gate issue and the
apparent lack of planning for the event, ie not informing SAC or EVAC about
their use of the site.

Let's get the facts out in the open first, instead of getting pissed first!

aj