[rollei_list] Re: xenotar 2.8f vs planar 2.8f

  • From: chatanooga@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 11:00:06 +0100

Its great to see pictures doing the talking! Some lovely images here - I'm
running out to get a red filter

On 5/11/06, Richard Sintchak <rich815@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 5/11/06, Jeffery Smith <jls@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I rarely even consider buying a lens if there are issues of fungus,
cleaning marks, or separation.  When this happens, we can pretty much toss

them out of the running due to other possible influences.

My 2.8E Planar has a fairly good scratch on the front element, and
numerous lighter ones as well.  Used with a hood though I challenge anyone
to see there's any difference between the results I get from this lens
versus any other Rollei TLR.  It's performance is blow-away superb.  I got
the camera (in UGLY condition) for $150USD.  A $160 CLA to tighten up the
slow speeds (I was getting fine results even before the CLA though from
1/60th and up) and it functions perfectly now.

http://not.contaxg.com/document.php?id=9845
http://not.contaxg.com/document.php?id=7738
http://not.contaxg.com/document.php?id=3409

I also have a 80/2.8 (non-T*) Planar lens for my SL66 that has some
scratches too, again, no issues with quality or performace.

http://not.contaxg.com/document.php?id=13511
http://not.contaxg.com/document.php?id=13513

No doubt your "policy", Jeffrey, ensures you get the best in lenses but I
must say you are missing some great deals out there with little to any true
sacrifice in quality or tangible results.

Richard