[rollei_list] Re: xenotar 2.8f vs planar 2.8f

  • From: Nick Roberts <nickbroberts@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 21:51:13 +0100 (BST)

I have several 2.8 Xenotars, a 2.8 Planar, a 3.5
Planar and several 3.5 Xenotars, and a fair few Xenars
and Tessars. Now I don't think there's any difference
between the Planars and Xenotars except  for sample
variation, EXCEPT for differences in colour rendition
- the Zeiss lenses are somewhat warmer, and I prefer
the Schneider lenses a little for that reason with
Velvia, my film of choice.

The Xenars and Tessars are indeed very nearly as good
at f8-f11.
All are splendid, and capable of superlative results.

However, for the purposes of the usual list tribal
arguments, Xenotars and Xenars rule. ;)

Nick