[rollei_list] Re: xenotar 2.8f vs planar 2.8f

  • From: Ruddy Roye <leicauser503@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 23:33:24 -0400

Incidentally

Who re-coats these
On May 11, 2006, at 1:07 PM, Craig Roberts wrote:

This should be fun.
My personal experience is that the Xenotar yields a better image, but is more prone to coating troubles. I haven't had a Xenotar yet that didn't need recoating. John Van Stelten says, however, that Planars of similar vintage exhibit coating deterioration, too.

In fairness, however, I must point out that I've owned only three of each. I suspect we will soon learn that they're both superior -- and they're both inferior.

Craig
Washington, DC
The Home of Ambiguity

www.royephotography.com