[rollei_list] Re: a little unparallel of lens panel

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 14:21:15 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter J Nebergall" <iusar4s@xxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 12:39 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: a little unparallel of lens panel

This Automat has something wrong with the focusing rack gear. All close
work OK til it comes to ~50 foot, and then it tilts to one side -- you
can see it. It does not affect anything except vanishing points, being
far less "shift" than my Linhof is capable of... Still, I know it is
there.

I just thought the man whose machine was "never in focus" might have a
shifted element...

P.J. Nebergall

It could still be a lubrication or tension problem with the focusing cams. Its possible something is bent inside but I think that would make the focus get stiff or jam at some point. There is no way to be sure without opening up the camera. If the lenses are in good condition its worth getting the thing overhauled.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx