[rollei_list] Re: a little unparallel of lens panel

  • From: Mike Kovacs <mskovacs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 07:46:55 -0400

Steven, where is the original thread anyway? (I missed it so I don't know exactly which camera, details, etc)

I am also suspicious.

Is there slack in the panel? I would think with damaged cams, one would be able to wiggle it around. If someone disassembled it, there are some brass shims under the front panel to make it lie flat against the body at the infinity position.

To really access the focus cams, you need to pull both sides of the camera apart. Its a big job, also a profitable job for your repairman. Marvin ought to know good repairmen - I've purchased Rollei components before from him on ebay.

I would like more information. Ruined how? Its hard to understand how the focus cams could be damaged that badly. The camera I taught myself on exhibited this wiggling when a used to light a lubricant on the cams. When I put thicker stuff on it worked fine. Lets say I am not convinced. You can see the cam on the focus knob side by removing the focus knob, which is not difficult. It is not necessary to remove the side panel.

--
Richard Knoppow
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

--- Rollei List