[rollei_list] Re: Spinning front taking lens and postings

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 11:14:32 -0800

At 09:16 PM 12/27/2005, Don Williams wrote:

I decided to do more investigation and found the same thing happening to a couple of my cameras, and also to a lens that wasn't even mounted on a camera.

I was able to stop the process by putting some clear scotch tape across the lens and around the sides of the mount. I haven't done any optical tests yet but was careful to avoid any finger prints, and picked very clear tape.

Actually, all of my lenses spin. Unfortunately, the whole camera spins with them! So I nail them down on a tripod. Problem solved...

;-)

Jim