[rollei_list] Re: Spinning front taking lens and postings

  • From: Ruddy Roye <leicauser503@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 00:10:36 -0500

Thanks Todd
But while that seem to work a little for the GX the Rolleiwide seem to be fitted a different way. On further investigation after taking off the silver ring that holds the hoods, I discovered that the front element sits on a piece that is not held by any screws or even affected by the piece that has all the words on the front of the lens. This might seem confusing because as I write it, I feel confused so here we go again.
After screwing of the silver section that houses the hood, I discovered that the lens spins on its axis and does not seem to be affected by anything around it. The ring with the words that people keep suggesting that I use to spin the lens and hold it firm does not touch the lens at all so I do not know what is holding this lens in place.
I hope this gives a clearer image.
On Dec 28, 2005, at 11:27 PM, todd belcher wrote:

Turn them clockwise until they will not turn anymore. They are loose in their mounts.

regards,
todd

On 28-Dec-05, at 5:28 PM, Ruddy Roye wrote:

I have a GX body mounted on a flash bracket and is always sitting on my shelf if not in use. I took it down and with my Rolleiwide started cleaning and dusting off both cameras. In cleaning the lens on the GX I noticed that it spun, I then checked the taking lens on the Rolleiwide and it did the same thing, it spun freely. Thats the best way I can explain it.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ruddy Roye" <leicauser503@xxxxxxx>