[rollei_list] Re: Spinning front taking lens and postings

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 05:04:15 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ruddy Roye" <leicauser503@xxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2005 9:10 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Spinning front taking lens and postings

Thanks Todd
But while that seem to work a little for the GX the Rolleiwide seem to be fitted a different way. On further investigation after taking off the silver ring that holds the hoods, I discovered that the front element sits on a piece that is not held by any screws or even affected by the piece that has all the words on the front of the lens. This might seem confusing because as I write it, I feel confused so here we go again.
After screwing of the silver section that houses the hood, I discovered that the lens spins on its axis and does not seem to be affected by anything around it. The ring with the words that people keep suggesting that I use to spin the lens and hold it firm does not touch the lens at all so I do not know what is holding this lens in place.
I hope this gives a clearer image.
On Dec 28, 2005, at 11:27 PM, todd belcher wrote:

Turn them clockwise until they will not turn anymore. They are loose in their mounts.

regards,
todd

A couple of questions for Todd. From the above it sounds like the bayonets on the GX and WA are separately removable.e., they are not in intragal part of the front cover panel as in earlier Rolleis. I can't tell for certain from the drawings of the WA and I don't have any for the GX.
For Ruddy: Is there a place where you can post a photo of what you are talking about? The Rollei gallery will do. I have a feeling a couple of pictures would clarify things marvelously.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx