[rollei_list] Re: Spinning front taking lens and postings

  • From: Ruddy Roye <leicauser503@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 22:52:32 -0500

Yes it is the front element.
But two cameras, in two different places. One is mounted on a flash bracket the other I have in my bag. they are both rotating.
On Dec 27, 2005, at 9:49 PM, Richard Knoppow wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ruddy Roye" <leicauser503@xxxxxxx> To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Tuesday, December 27, 2005 5:59 PM Subject: [rollei_list] Spinning front taking lens and postings

Does anyone have any experience with the spinning of the front glass in the newer rolleiflex; re, rollei F, GX or wide.
I discovered last night that the glass in the taking lens spins. I am almost sure that the GX taking lens spins too.
Is this a situation that is unique to my cameras.
I also put up my first postings yesterday--thanks to Daniel Ridings
You can find it, at www.rollei-gallery.net/ruddyroye
Hope to contribute more as I get the chance to shoot new works.
I also want to thank everyone that has helped me over this past year. I just want to wish everyone a wonderful and safe holiday season
Ruddy

Can you clarify this. Do you mean the front element of the lens can be turned? If so it means the retaining ring is loose. It can be tightened but one wonders how it got loose in the first place.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx