[rollei_list] Re: Spinning front taking lens and postings

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 16:21:26 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Gordon" <physiognomy@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 27, 2005 11:31 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Spinning front taking lens and postings

Both lenses on my Rolleicord Ia (type 3) turn with considerable ease... The
viewing lens simply 'spins' without stopping... In reference to your
question, this seems to have no effect when looking at the ground glass (to
be honest I can't see much unless there is bright sunlight). The taking lens
on the other hand screws right out... pretty handy if you want to get to the
shutter blades for any reason...

The viewing lens has a clamp on it. If it turns the clamp is not fastened properly. Rotating the lens barrel is the method of adjusting the viewing lens to match the taking lens on all Roleiflex and Rolleicord cameras although the method of clamping them varies.
The front cell of the taking lens will screw out of the shutter. It should be screwed in quite firmly or there will be a cell spacing error. In most Rolleis the shroud around the lens prevents easy removal of the lens unless the shroud is removed first.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx