[roc-chat] Re: ROC Launch Control System

  • From: Chris J Kobel <Chris.J.Kobel@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 07:04:05 -0700

Here's some igniter info I've collected over the years.  Nothing yet on
the new Estes Solar Igniters.

Chris

From:   David Erbas-White <derbas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:     roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Date:   10/07/2012 07:15 PM
Subject:        [roc-chat] Re: ROC Launch Control System
Sent by:        roc-chat-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 10/7/2012 7:14 PM, David Erbas-White wrote:

What might be the more difficult aspect (possibly) would be the continuity
detection (wirelessly), as we would need to have the circuitry in the
range-head box to 'tell' the wireless unit if continuity was present, etc.
 And this circuitry would need to work in conjunction with the current
system of the push-button/buzzer for the pad area itself.  We'd also need
to ensure that we can handle the wider-range of igniter firing levels
(like the new Quest igniters) with such a system..

Speaking of which ---

Has anyone ever come up with a chart of all-fire/no-fire levels for all
igniters?  And determined a range that might be guaranteed to work for
those (with inclusion for wire lead resistances, etc.)?

David Erbas-White