[roc-chat] Re: ROC Launch Control System

  • From: Jack Garibaldi <jackgaribaldi@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 18:10:38 -0700

Hey Richard

               Maybe just  food for thought, you keep all the Estes and mid
range high power the same and at the 500ft + 1000ft mark the club tries just
one unit to see operationally how it would go, basically looking at under
$300.00 for Model B unit with charger. If anyone would like to see the units
just come and asked me about them because I have one for me and I have sold
a lot of units to clubs all over and they just use them for the away cell
and it saves them from rolling out the longest run cable. They deliver
10amps and I had Ron make me a special relay to step mine up to 50 amps.
There is continuity at the hand held unit and at my relay box too. I also
sold some units to ROC members so there out there. I haven't opened mine up
to the Gorillas and probably won't because there has to be some care taken
so they don't end up getting abused and at the bottom of the equipment
trailer along with training and safety. Each unit has a safety interlock key
which my vision at our launches is to have in the hand of the LCO and when
his/her shift or duty is over will hand the safety key over to the next one
on duty and so on. All of these people will be responsible while they have
the key and not to hand off the key to someone who is not trained or have no
knowledge of the system and if there is no one that volunteers then the key
stays with him/her and that pad gets shut down until someone who is willing
to take responsibility can take over.

http://stores.whatsuphobby.com/-strse-624/Rocket-Electronics-Launch-Control/
Detail.bok

Jack G