[roc-chat] Re: ROC Launch Control System

  • From: David Erbas-White <derbas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2012 19:31:26 -0700

On 10/7/2012 7:18 PM, David Erbas-White wrote:

Guess this answers the question:

http://www.rocketshoppe.com/info/Igniter_Continuity_Tests.pdf

David Erbas-White

On 10/7/2012 7:14 PM, David Erbas-White wrote:

What might be the more difficult aspect (possibly) would be the continuity detection (wirelessly), as we would need to have the circuitry in the range-head box to 'tell' the wireless unit if continuity was present, etc. And this circuitry would need to work in conjunction with the current system of the push-button/buzzer for the pad area itself. We'd also need to ensure that we can handle the wider-range of igniter firing levels (like the new Quest igniters) with such a system..

Speaking of which ---

Has anyone ever come up with a chart of all-fire/no-fire levels for all igniters? And determined a range that might be guaranteed to work for those (with inclusion for wire lead resistances, etc.)?

David Erbas-White