[racattack] Re: RAC Attack Automation Project

  • From: Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "racattack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <racattack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 11:10:27 -0500

Leighton/Alvaro - one comment on this note:

On Sun, Apr 6, 2014 at 7:57 AM, Leighton Nelson <leightonn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 4. After staging and unzipping the files in the /media/sf_12cR1 I couldn't
> execute runInstaller due to incorrect permissions since the shared folder
> is mounted with ownership of vagrant and read privileges only. I tried to
> manually change the permissions as root but it was ignored. To work around
> this I made the changes to the Vagrantfile as follows:
>
>     config.vm.synced_folder "12cR1", "/media/sf_12cR1", :mount_options => [
> *"dmode=755","fmode=755"*],
>       *owner: "grid", group: "oinstall"*
>
> Once that was done I was able to successfully install the grid
> infrastructure.

I personally think we shouldn't unzip/stage the installation files in the
shared directories - which really means unzipping them back onto the your
host drive.  Personally I've been unzipping them into /u01/stage and
running the installer from there, and I think this would be a better
approach.

Benefit of unzipping to the host is that you don't have do repeat after
destroying and re-initializing vagrant.  Drawback is performance and
potential inconsistencies depending on what FS the user's laptop is using.