[pure-silver] Re: thinking of trading the Hasselblad

  • From: Janet Cull <jcull@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 09:35:26 -0500

On Nov 29, 2008, at 1:31 AM, Brian Reynolds wrote:

In your original post on this thread you mention that you don't like
the Hasselblad being confined to the tripod.  Why do you keep it on
the tripod?  Is it too heavy for you to hand hold?  Do you have
trouble tracking with the waist level finder?  Have you tried one of
the prisms for the Hasselblad?

It's not too heavy, but the shape of the thing is awkward for me to balance and hold steady. I have a prism but it isn't bright enough so I don't use it. I use the wlf. I might look into a grip for it.

Can you borrow one of your friend's Pentax 67s for a weekend?

Actually the friend who has it offered for me to take it for a week, when she comes home. It will be a few weeks before that can happen. Seems the only complaint I've read (in the Pentax 67 reviews) is that it's not so good for fast shooting and for handheld. Those are what I want... the ability to move quickly, handheld. I'm still going to try it. I'd love to find that it works well for me, and for a good price!

Thanks for your reply.

Janet