[pure-silver] Re: thinking of trading the Hasselblad

  • From: Mark Blackwell <mblackwell1958@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 20:44:44 -0800 (PST)

Never used a Hassey.  Almost bought one many years ago, but for what I was
doing then I would have been a poor choice.  Yet I do know the Kiev 88 eye
level finder will work on many Hasselblad bodies and at the time was fairly
inexpensive.  It allows for hand holding the body at eye level without a huge
investment.  Before I sold a Hassey Id try one.

Yet like many things that come from the eastern block, quality control wasn't
there strong suit.  If you get a good one, its great.  If not its junk.  Most
places with that will deal with Kiev know that and should let you send it back.
 I would not send a nickel without that assurance.