[pure-silver] Re: thinking of trading the Hasselblad

  • From: Mark Blackwell <mblackwell1958@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 20:23:19 -0800 (PST)

Janet  You could do worse than Pentax 6x7.  A lot depends on exactly what you
are trying to do with them.  Aerial photographers love them.  They are tough,
and a wide choice of lenses, and unlike the Hasselblad, the shutter is not in
the lens so each lens is far more affordable.  Pick them up used and it can be
quality at a bargin price.

IF you do a lot of studio work though, it may not be the camera for you.  IIRC
(and its been a while since I looked) the max sync speed for the flash was only
1/30th of a sec.  For many things that is no issue, but for many it is a HUGE
deal.  It was the biggest negative for me, that and the cost at the time.