[pure-silver] Re: (slightly) OT MF equipment dilemma

  • From: "John Black" <jblack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 12:25:59 -0400

. Mamiya 6's rangefinder is very good, but like any other
> cameras, it is not completely free from this problem, especially with
> the 150mm lens.

I have both the Mamiya 7 and the Fuji GS690III.  I like the big 6X9 negative
of the Fuji but the Mamiya 7 is very user friendly on rangefinder adjustment
and the Fuji is not.  Rangefinders, by their nature, are prone to
misalignment and need to be readjusted frequently. I don't like to have to
send one to a technician for alignment if I can do it myself without a lot
of trouble.  The Mamiya 7 has a small port on the top plate back that covers
two small screw adjustments that control vertical and horizontal alignment
of the superimposed image. The Mamiya lense are really quite good, although
slow for street shooting.

JB

re.