[pure-silver] Re: (slightly) OT MF equipment dilemma

  • From: "Randy Stewart" <randal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 19:21:51 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ryuji Suzuki" <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2005 10:42 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: (slightly) OT MF equipment dilemma

> From: "Stefan Kahlert" <s.kahlert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [pure-silver] Re: (slightly) OT MF equipment dilemma
> Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 19:06:44 +0200
>
> > The Autocord is an exception where the film travels from the upper
> > chamber to the lower chamber which means that only the film already
> > exposed gets bend.
>
> That's better, though I'm not sure how much does that help to the
> flatness.

It makes a considerable difference, if you leave a partly shot roll of film
in the camera for any length of time.

> By the way, was any of the Autocord made with 6-element
> optics? (AFAIK Yashica and Minolta TLRs are all triplets or Tessar's.)

No, early Yashica TLRs, pre-Yashica 12, were mostly triplets, and later
models were 4 element Tessar types, although testing indicated that they
were generally inferior to true Tessars or the similar Rokkor [Teeser type]
in the Autocord.  All Minolta Autocords use a very nice 4 element design,
but no 6 element. A few of the low volume Japanese TLRs used 5 element
designs which are said to be very good. [Koniflex; Airesflex with the Nikon
contributed Nikkor lens set.]