[pure-silver] Re: (slightly) OT MF equipment dilemma

  • From: "John Black" <jblack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 13:10:19 -0400

> That might be true for Fuji's and Mamiya's but certainly is not true for
> my Leica's. Never needed an adjustment in twenty years.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Michiel Fokkema

Perhaps I am a bit rougher on my cameras than yourself but my Leicas
(M3s,M2, M4s) have needed frequent RF adjustments (minor). I use fast glass
in low light and so need very good mid distance RF alignment for proper
focus. I too have not had much RF trouble (except patch flare) with my M6s
but they don't get quite as much use as the older ones.

JB