[pure-silver] Re: Yellow edges

  • From: DarkroomMagic <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 14:24:57 +0200

Justin
You had a few responses to this and many telling you that the missing stop
bath was not the issue. I would agree but found the following in the 2nd
edition of the Focal Encyclopedia of Photography under the cause for yellow
or brown stains in B&W prints:

1. Inefficient agitation or prints stuck together during fixing.
2. Exposure to white light before fixing was complete.
3. Insufficient rinse between developing and fixing.
4. Exhausted or insufficient acid fixer.

I¹m not sure if this helps, but I found it interesting.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht