[pure-silver] Re: Yellow edges

  • From: "Dave Valvo" <dvalvo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 23:07:45 -0400

If you put a processed Dmax of a paper emulsion on a drum and rotate it so
that the bottom part of the drum is in an emulsion enzyme bath and the top
contacts a transfer sheet you can try to study how much silver is in the
baryta layer. Silver and gel are transferred to the sheet with repeated
passes until silver and baryta starts coming off too.

 Electron microscope slices tend to destroy such delicate emulsion
interfaces but that is another attempt to get at it.  RSBL is a hard thing
to measure.

Dave