[pure-silver] Re: Yellow edges

  • From: Graham Hughes <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 18:52:33 -0700

On May 24, 2005, at 11:36, Justin F. Knotzke wrote:
>    The paper is yellow on the emulsion side. It's yellow mostly at the
> very, very edges of the print. Sometimes it goes further in. From what
> I can tell, it isn't yellow anywhere, where the image was exposed on
> the paper.
>
>     This is why I suspect the problem might be from turning the lights
> on too early and not having used stop bath. If the image had already
> been burned into the paper, no chance for yellowing.. But that's a
> wild guess on my part.
I have had paper that yellowed slightly in the edges when other
sheets from that same session did not; I'm pretty sure it was because
I wasn't careful enough about stray light sources (it's a royal pain
to fully black out my kitchen and I thought it was okay...).  So I
could believe that.

Graham

-- File: PGP.sig
-- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part