[pure-silver] Re: Yellow edges

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 12:00:57 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ryuji Suzuki" <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 10:13 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Yellow edges

> Now you are talking about different things. Before you
> were
> specifically talking about silver halide, the unfixed
> material, and
> you spoke as if sulfite would remove them. Now you are
> referring to
> partially fixed argentothiosulfate complexes. Don't mix up
> these
> because they are different.
>
> --
> Ryuji Suzuki

   No, I was always talking about fixer reaction products.
Perhaps the particular message was not as clear as it could
have been but the context should have made that clear. I am
aware that sulfite is a very weak fixing agent but that is
not what I was talking about.
   My point was that testing the fixing bath tells you about
the condition of the bath. Testing the film or prints tells
you about the condition of the film or prints.

---