[pure-silver] Re: Yellow edges

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 22:25:58 -0700

At 06:39 PM 5/23/2005, Leigh Solland (on Webmail) wrote:
>I don't see why that would cause them to yellow.  My photography mentor is an
>ancient cousin who learned photography in the 1940's.  He thinks it is funny
>that I use acid stop bath, and says that he processed many thousands of
>negatives (including thousands of rolls of aerial photography film) with
>just a
>water bath between developer and fix.

I have never, in 55 years of photography, used anything except water
between film developer and film fixer.

I have always used an acetic acid stop bath between my print developer and
print fixer.

The above is SOP for all of my colleagues over all of those years.

I have never had yellow edged prints. Or negatives for that matter...  ;-)

Jim