[pure-silver] Re: Yellow edges

  • From: "Leigh Solland (on Webmail)" <solland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 19:39:09 -0600

Quoting "Justin F. Knotzke" <jknotzke@xxxxxxxxx>:

>    A little while ago, we had a list of major mistakes made..
>
>    I'd like to add one to mine: Forgot to put stop in the stop bath..
>
>    They are yellow because I was just washing with water and then
> going to fixer.
>
>    CRAP!
>
>    Sorry to have wasted everyone's time.

Hi Justin,

I don't see why that would cause them to yellow.  My photography mentor is an
ancient cousin who learned photography in the 1940's.  He thinks it is funny
that I use acid stop bath, and says that he processed many thousands of
negatives (including thousands of rolls of aerial photography film) with just a
water bath between developer and fix.

So I think you have to keep looking for your problem.

Leigh