[pure-silver] Re: The Quest and My Heresy??

  • From: "Dana H. Myers" <dana.myers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 10:31:06 -0800

Claudio Bonavolta wrote:

> That's the same for the japanese photographer Adrienne mentionned: that's the
> way he
> clinically describes these urban landscapes to make us feel unconfortable. In
> this case,
> it's not only post-processing (eventual masking technique, ...) but also
> pre-processing
> (choice of equipment, point if view and lighting)

Of course - if there wasn't already a basis of interesting geometric shapes,
the sharpness would not add impact.

> Will these images have the same impact taken "normally" ? I doubt it.

At the same time, if someone used Taiji Matsue's process to shoot
random portraits, would the images become interesting solely because
of the process?  I doubt that, as well.

Cheers,
Dana